Thursday, April 2, 2009

do you twitter?

I first read about Twitter in a discarded newspaper I was reading on a shuttle bus to the Baltimore airport after a conference. I remember turning to my colleague and saying "Have you heard about this twitter thing? I can't imagine how this could be of any use to me!" And well, I'm still not sure, but it seems I hear about twitter almost every day.

Briefly put, twitter is a social messaging service that lets others see your short updates in real-time. The Brock Library has at twitter account, and you can follow along here: http://twitter.com/brock_library.

Twitter is even being used in education circles--some links that explore this:

See this post on using twitter in academia.

50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Education

Twitter Tweets for Higher Education

I just signed up for my twitter account today (jen_thiessen), so I will hopefully learn something and continue sharing with you my twitter discoveries.

No comments: